Polymer Modified Bitumen
- With increasing demands placed upon pavements the industry has reacted with the introduction of new modern surfacing materials. Many of these are bound using Polymer Modified Bitumen (PMB).
- Lagan’s range of Polymer Modified Binders include elastomeric modified bitumen that provide high performance and are cost effective in a wide variety of applications including Surface Dressing, Porous Asphalt, Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA), Thin Surfacing and Heavy Duty applications.
Benefits of PMB
- PMBs result in improved performance over the entire in-service temperature range, providing a greater resistance to cracking at low temperatures and reducing the tendency for deformation at high temperatures. Adhesion, cohesive strength and fatigue life are also improved for mixtures containing Lagan’s Polymer Modified Binders.
- Lagan Bitumen has a qualified team of specialists dedicated to quality control and development of binders and bituminous mixes. As part of the supply of PMB from Lagan our team of specialists are available before and after sales to offer technical support to customers. They can provide assistance and advice to customers on product selection and design, assessing site conditions, end performance requirements and offering optimum solutions for their changing needs.
- PMBs are high-tech, specialist products and as a result require cutting edge technology for their assessment. Lagan Bitumen is equipped with modern high tech laboratory equipment for binder analysis and in conjunction with other laboratories throughout Europe and Ireland have the possibility of assessing all the major properties of binders and mixtures containing PMB.